About the Role
The successful candidate will join a vibrant and active research team to advance sustainable supply chain systems in the Canadian agriculture sector.The candidate will work within the research team of Bahareh Mosedegh Sedghyat the Dhillon School of Business, University of Lethbridge.The work includes literature review, problem formulation, mathematicalmodelling and coding in Python, MATLAB, and Maple. The work also involves modeling sustainable agricultural supply chains and interpreting analytical results. The research associateis expected to write technical reports and make presentations about their work. They are also expected to coauthor academic publications that result from their contribution.
1. Master or Ph.D. degree in supply chain management, engineering, operations management, management sciences, computer sciences, statistics, or other relevant disciplines;
2. Proficientin Python or MATLAB;
3. Knowledge of gametheorery, supply chain network design or Newsvendor modelsis an asset;
4. Strong analytical and quantitative skills (knowledge of mathematics, statistics, operational research, machine learning, and/or managementscience is an asset)
5. Excellent academic communication and publication skills.
How to apply
1. A cover letter stating your motivation for the position;
2. A resume highlighting your experience;
3. Two references may be contacted.While the University ofLethbridgevalues all applications we receive, only those candidates shortlisted for further consideration will be contacted.
Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. However, applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. If you require any form of accommodation throughout the recruitment process, don't hesitate to contact us directly at Bahareh.email@example.com, Alireza.firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.comThe review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To receive full consideration, please submit your application material to Dr. Bahareh Mosadegh Sedghyat Bahareh.firstname.lastname@example.org soon as possible, but no later than September 22, 2023. The email's subject header for this position should have the keyword "RA: SASC".