Graduate Student Teaching Award
The Graduate Student Teaching Award recognizes and honours graduate students at the University of Lethbridge who have demonstrated exceptional commitment and proficiency in their teaching roles, fostering a positive learning experience for students.
This award is open to:
- Students enrolled part-time or full-time in any graduate degree program at the University of Lethbridge.
- Nominees must have served in a teaching role involving direct interaction with students within the current academic year.
Criteria for Assessment
Nominees will be assessed based on:
- Nominations from both professors and students.
- The nominee's support of students in their teaching role.
- Teaching experience within the context of their assigned graduate assistantship.
- Adjudication based on the applicant’s teaching philosophy, the application of that philosophy, and the student’s review of their teaching.
**Note:** This award is competitive and can only be received once per degree level.
- Payment is made after adjudication and upon confirmation of enrollment during the semester the graduate student was nominated.
Nominations for exceptional Teaching Assistants (or lab instructors, tutorial instructors, etc.) will be solicited from undergraduate students. The process involves:
1. Nomination Deadline: August 1st
2. Nominee Documents Due: August 31st
All nominees from the preceding academic year will be concurrently adjudicated in September, with disbursement in October.
Selection will be determined by the GSA Awards Committee based on the deadline noted above. After receiving a nomination, the nominee will be contacted to provide a statement, including a brief description of their teaching role and their teaching philosophy. The nominee’s supervisor (or lab coordinator, etc.) will also be asked to provide an acknowledgment confirming the nominee’s teaching.
The Graduate Student Teaching Award is an acknowledgment of the crucial role graduate students play in shaping the academic experience for their peers. Your dedication to teaching excellence deserves recognition—nominate or apply today!
Application: Required by April 1st. An essay and confirmation of volunteer/community service is required. Incomplete applications will automatically be rejected.
Applications can be emailed to email@example.com
In the event that the Terms of Reference (TOR), award description, and/or the award application are in disagreement with one another, the TOR will be taken as correct.